Shacky (hereinafter referred to as “Shacky”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates a platform and marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and book unique accommodations in rural areas around Australia and worldwide..
Shacky refers to Shacky Pty Ltd.
Shacky pty ltd ACN : 612 068 587
Shacky is committed to protecting your privacy , keeping you informed on the usage of your information
We ensure to follow and respect the privacy;
- ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and industry standards including but not limited to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended (Act); and
- appropriately deal with inquiries or complaints from individuals as to its compliance with the APPs and the Act.
“Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Data Controller” means Shacky, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Information.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you and Shacky.
“Personal Information” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
- WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES SHACKY GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
We gather information about you that you provide us with and information that we get from your use of our platform.
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID and other verification information;
- access or use the Platform, such as to search for or post Accommodations, make or accept bookings, pay for Accommodations, book or pay for any associated services that may be available (such as but not limited to cleaning), post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
- link your account on a Third-Party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Shacky Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party site and authorized by you;
- communicate with Shacky; and
- share information with another Member.
We also receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Platform and Services, including but not limited to:
- Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Shacky or logged in to your Shacky Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Shacky services on Third-Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
- Third-Party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by Third-Parties, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
As a result of this, you may send to the Third-Party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the Third-Party, then the Third Party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the Third Party, then the Third Party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the Third Party.
- HOW SHACKY USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
- We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Platform;
- to enable you to communicate with other Members, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the Booking process;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Shacky’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and policies, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you (including by comparing the photo on that identification to another photo you provide to us), and conducting checks against databases and information sources (such as but not limited to public government databases) for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Shacky, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the “Account” section) when you login to your Shacky Account; to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Shacky or our Third Party business partners; and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
B1. What information do we collect:
The types of information we may collect :
- your Family name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
- Information about your guests provided to us via additional guest forms completed by you.
- your payment information through our payment gateway such as Paypal, Stripe or other payment systems used to take payments on our platform.
- your age, gender and occupation;
- your company name and any identifiers such as ABN/CAN/VAT ID (if applicable)
- Data about your access to the Shacky website/platform such as date time and region;
- your geographic location (i.e. IP address and location tracked by third party apps used when using shacky website
- your Shacky rental history;
- operating system and browser version and capabilities; and
- Additional information given to us via third party apps used when login into Shacky website such as Google login, Facebook login.
.How do we collect your information?
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you or where it is provided to us with your permission.
Information can be collected through:
- you register an Account with Shacky .
- you access and or use Shacky website and platform, such as searching, booking and paying for Rental Items, posting reviews or communicating with other Users; and
- when you communicate with our Shacky admin via phone calls, emails, DM, sms or other communication technology.
Login using social media
Using social media platforms such as Facebook login or Google login to access Shacky website/platform its authorised on Shacky website, shacky may use the content provided to collect information about you and your profile.
Alternatively you can login via registering yourself and providing us information directly at login.
In case your social media login provides us with irrelevant or private information that you do not wish to share we will inform you in order to take the right steps and retrieve your information.
B2. How Shacky Uses and Processes User Communications
We may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking Guests to send them money outside of the Platform, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending Third-Party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to Third Parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that Shacky, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
- WHEN SHACKY DISCLOSES OR SHARES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes or if you post content in a community forum or other features on the Platform that are visible to the general public.
- Your public Listing page will always include some minimum information such as the city and neighborhood where the Accommodation is located, your listing description, your calendar availability, your public profile photo, your responsiveness in replying to Guests’ queries, and any additional information you share with other Members. Your public Listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Parts of your public Listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other Members and/or Third Party platforms for marketing purposes. The Platform may also display the Accommodation’s approximate geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the general area of the Accommodation.
- The Platform allows your public profile and public Listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. If you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Listing pages, Third-Party search engines may not update their databases quickly or at all. We do not control the practices of Third-Party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Listing pages.
- When you submit a request to book an Accommodation, your full name, and the full name of any confirmed Guests staying with you, and other Personal Information you agree to pass through to the Host(s) will become visible to the Host(s) of any Listing you Book or request to Book. We may also disclose parts of your public profile; your public Wish List; other Member reviews of you; and any additional information you share with other Members.
- When your request to book an Accommodation is accepted by the Host(s) or when a Guest books your Accommodation, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Host(s) and any confirmed Guest(s). However, your billing and payout information will never be shared with another user.
- When a Guest stays at your Accommodation or when you stay at a Host’s Accommodation, we may ask you to review the Guest, Host, or the Accommodation. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Platform. Likewise, another Member’s review of you as a Guest or Host may be public on the Platform.
- You may link your account on a Third-Party social networking site to your Shacky Account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these Third-Party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Shacky Account profile;
- your activities on the Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Platform and/or that Third-Party site;
- a link to your public profile on that Third-party social networking site may be included in your Shacky public profile;
- other Shacky users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other Shacky users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s);
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Shacky through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Platform and the Third-Party site.
- We may also engage Third Parties to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to help match the photo on your ID to other photos of yourself you send to us, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, to serve targeted ads, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request (such as Concur and American Express). We may provide Personal Information about you to these Third Parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. For example, if we hire Third Parties, where permitted by applicable law, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases, we may provide your Personal Information, such as your full name and date of birth, to the Third Parties for the limited purpose of allowing them to conduct such checks, including background or registered sex offender checks, on our behalf. We will ensure that such Third Parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
- Providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law;
- or we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Shacky’s property, its Members, the Platform, Application, or Services (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
In instances where Shacky complies with legal requests for user data without notice to the user for the reasons described above, Shacky will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
- We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- Why do we collect your data and informations:
The reasons for which we collect and use your data and information include:
- For Administrative reasons when using Shacky website / platform
- To provide you ongoing services as a Shacky website platform user
- to provide the information you request from Shacky;
- As part of a support , to provide safety and security benefits, where it is required by law.
- To respond to enquiries and to conduct customer service
- To inform you about Shacky services and Platform.
When we collect your personal information for a specific purpose not outlined above we will, at the time of collection, disclose the purpose of the collection
- BUSINESS TRANSFERS BY SHACKY
- HOW TO ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION, OR CANCEL YOUR SHACKY ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Shacky Account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your Shacky Account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your Shacky Account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your first name, even after your Shacky Account is cancelled.
You may also request access to the personal information held about you at any time. If you wish to access your personal information, then please advise us using the contact details below.
We may be prevented from permitting access to personal information about you in certain circumstances, including where:
access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of another individual;
access would lead to the disclosure of commercially sensitive information of our or any of our agents or contractors;
we are prohibited by law or court/tribunal order; or the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
If we deny access to your personal information, we will provide a written explanation of the reasons for such a refusal, together with details of our complaints handling procedure if you wish to challenge the decision.
Correcting your information can be permitted unless prohibited as per previously described reasons.
You may correct your information manually via our website / platform or If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, then please advise us using the contact details below.
- SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
- YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
- SPECIAL FEATURES AND PROGRAMS
We may integrate the Platform with third party sites such as Facebook, so that you can send invitation messages or requests for references via the third party site itself. These messages will be sent by the third party site, and Shacky does not collect or retain the contact information that is used to send them.
The Platform may allow registered account holders to organize, search for or participate in offline events (“Meetups”) in selected cities.
If you organize a Meetup or indicate that you will attend one, this information, together with some of your public information (such as your profile picture and public profile page) and any messages that you post about that Meetup, will be visible to users who browse the event. However, Shacky will never disclose where you are staying to another meetup user.
Shacky uses “cookies” in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Platform to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
- Shacky cookies and Third Party cookies
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, Third Parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Platform, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Platform.
- Other technologies
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
- Uses for Shacky cookies
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the Platform across different webpages, devices and browser sessions.
- to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
- to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
- for fraud detection and prevention.
- Uses for Third-Party cookies
In addition, Facebook places a cookie via the Platform that allows Facebook to obtain aggregated, non-Personal Information to optimize their services.
- Disabling Cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
15. GOT FEEDBACK?
16. COMPLAINS OR CONCERNS?
If you have a complaint regarding SHACKY compliance with privacy laws or the treatment of your personal information, or if you would like to access or correct your personal information, then please contact us via the following means:
Phone: +61 (0) 4166103808
SMS: +61 (0) 4166103808
For any additional information or concerns you may refer the matter to the Australian Privacy Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).